Go to footer

Darth Vaders föregångares hjälm

Här pratar vi riktiga props! Saker som varit med i filmerna och inte är replikas.

Moderators: Björn CR, Kinell, Chris CR

Darth Vaders föregångares hjälm

Postby Mattias S » 08:27 16-04-2011

Jag är inte så insatt i vart Lucas fick sin insperation för utseendet av Vaders hjälm, men nu förstår jag. :P

"Saddam era Iraqi Army, Fedayeen helmet with chinstrap and all interior lining fixtures.
This helmet has been issued and one assumes it has seen action.
Condition is Used. There are scratches and scrapes on this helmet as you would expect from an used helmet.
The paramilitary Fedayeen Saddam ("Saddam's Men of Sacrifice") was founded by Saddam's eldest son Uday in 1995. In September 1996 Uday was removed from command of the Fedayeen after he transfered sophisticated weapons from Republican Guard units to the Saddam Fedayeen without Saddam's knowledge. Control passed to Saddam's son Qusay, further consolidating his responsibility for the Iraqi security apparatus. Control later passed back to Uday. The Fedayeen, with a total strength reportedly between 18,000 and 40,000 troops, was composed of young soldiers recruited from regions loyal to Saddam. The unit reported directly to the Presidential Palace, rather than through the army command, and was responsible for patrol and anti-smuggling duties. Though at times improperly termed an "elite" unit, the Fedayeen were a politically reliable force that could be counted on to support Saddam against domestic opponents. It started out as a rag-tag force of some 10,000-15,000 "bullies and country bumpkins." They were supposed to help protect the president and Uday, and carry out much of the police's dirty work. Uday was a fan of the Star Wars movies, hence the resemblence to the helmet worn by Darth Vader.

A small rubber oval bearing the silhouette of Saddam Hussein is affixed to the right side, but it is broken and only half of it is still attach to the helmet."

Till salu för $100.000 :?
"I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."
Mattias S
Stor Samlare!

Re: Darth Vaders föregångares hjälm

Postby Darth Maul » 09:40 16-04-2011

"The paramilitary Fedayeen Saddam ("Saddam's Men of Sacrifice") was founded by Saddam's eldest son Uday in 1995."

Det är väl snarare Saddam som fått idén till hjälmen från Star Wars om de nu började användas först 1995? Dessutom står det ju längst ner i stycket att Uday hämtade inspiration från Star wars till hjälmen. "Uday was a fan of the Star Wars movies, hence the resemblence to the helmet worn by Darth Vader."

I vilket fall som helst är det än fräck design, även om den är lite dyr :)
And I'm proud of it! In a Scottish way!! Image
Darth Maul
Stor Samlare!

Re: Darth Vaders föregångares hjälm

Postby Mattias S » 12:55 16-04-2011

Darth Maul wrote:"The paramilitary Fedayeen Saddam ("Saddam's Men of Sacrifice") was founded by Saddam's eldest son Uday in 1995."

Det är väl snarare Saddam som fått idén till hjälmen från Star Wars om de nu började användas först 1995? Dessutom står det ju längst ner i stycket att Uday hämtade inspiration från Star wars till hjälmen. "Uday was a fan of the Star Wars movies, hence the resemblence to the helmet worn by Darth Vader."

I vilket fall som helst är det än fräck design, även om den är lite dyr :)

.. aaah...tvärtom var det jö! Uday lånade designen från Lucas!
Kanske därav priset!?
Någon som har nån mer info?
Tack Darth Maul! :)
"I hope I can make it across the border. I hope to see my friend, and shake his hand. I hope the Pacific is as blue as it has been in my dreams. I hope."
Mattias S
Stor Samlare!

Return to Board index

Return to Props/ Filmrekvesita